Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Zak Wood v3.0

Yip, it's coming like a steamtrain. V3.0 of... Meee! I am 30 in 2 months and a couple of days.

Back in my comfortable, strange, not quite sure what I was doing life, I had looked into booking a brewery in Himeville for the occasion, which was going to result in a great deal of debauchery and a truly obscene amount of fun.

I am, however, no longer in the good old South of Africa, so that's not gonna happen, as they say in the classics.

Now, the big reason I wanted a mahoosive thirtieth in SA was so that I could invite my closest friends, and get to say "Hi", and quite probably "Thanks for being a cool person - you've added value to my life". This , or those that don't know, is the same reason I try to have a biggish birthday every year.

Now, I'm going to be having a party in Huizhou, and it's still going to be drunken and debaucherous, and possibly still held in a brewery, but as much as I enjoy the people here, I miss you.

So here I'm opening up the floor and looking for some suggestions on how I can share the day with you. Maybe something virtual, maybe a blog post, maybe a direct upload of photos from around the world on the day - I don't know.

Please post any ideas as comments, so that people can discuss them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling - am thinking we each build a shrine in your honour and worship it on the hour??

Shell xxx

Zak said...

No no no, I think you misunderstood. I want something different for my birthday.