Wednesday, 13 August 2008

I see the beard and cloak, but I don't yet see a philosopher. - Aulus Gellius

Soooo... Wade (the other Saffer here) and I didn't shave for a couple of days, totally independently and for no good reason. Of course, a couple days of not shaving, leaves me with a healthy growth of stubble, and Wade is much the same.

Naturally, some wise-smart-alec-arse asked whether we were having a competition, which immediately meant that we were. So now I'm sitting with a three week old beard, which is definitely looking solid.

All thoughts of shaving, however, were banished from my mind, when Kelly (the female half of the New Zealand couple), mentioned at the bar a few nights ago that I should keep it, because (and I almost quote) "[I] have a funny face, and this covers it".

Bloody kiwis.

What was worse though was that all the other girls immediately agreed with her.

So I've started shaving my head instead.

Long story short, now I look like this.

No comments: