Monday, 04 August 2008

What the hell?

DAMMIT! I don't know why I do this.

People who have known me for more than... 2 years now, will remember a certain impulse purchase of a certain sight-unseen birthday present for myself. It came with four wheels and was silver.

Well, I've just gotten on a bus, then a train, then two feet, and bought (seen, but not actually tried), another silver machine, that only has two wheels. Well, two little wheels for rolling it around on the floor, and a big sod-off wheel for providing air resistance while you cry and tell the world you're sorry. THEN!, I got back on two feet, in a taxi, on a train, on two feet, on a bus, in a taxi - all with a massive sodding box sitting on one shoulder.

Yes, I've bought an ergo. It seemed like a great idea this morning - I have been battling to keep up training, because I haven't really been able to find anything challenging enough, and swimming just isn't doing it for me - but a six hour round trip to Hong Kong, along with a pot load of money later, and there's a box now sitting in my room waiting for me to open it.

Only I don't know if I want to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that may have been more than a little silly... No, wait, that was just plain dumb

Zak said...

I have to say, it's having the desired effect though. The only way I can keep off it without feeling guilty is by doing other exercise.

I went to gym for two hours yesterday, then a three hour cycle, just to avoid the bastard thing.