Saturday, 02 August 2008

All I ever wanted

Now I'm not sure if the site Sinfest.net has died, or is just blocked here in China due to it's massive political statements and huge following (sarcasm alert), but I can't get to it.

And I found it bloody difficult to find the passage I was looking for, written by Tatsuya Ishida a long long time ago, so I'm going to post it here.

Tatsuya, I know I'm breaking copyright, but dammit I think this piece needs to be seen - If you come across it, and you're unhappy, let me know.

Passage follows:

All I ever wanted in life was to be worshipped like a god, live like a rock star, drive women wild, make a fortune, live fast, die young, conquer the universe, travel the world, meet interesting people, solve the Grand Unification Theory, find the Missing Link, fight the good fight, live for the moment, seize each day, know what really matters, end world hunger, cure cancer, change the world, vanquish the dragon, save the princess, be super popular but too cool to care, climb Mount Everest, scale the Great Wall of China, swim the seven seas, howl at the moon, sound my barbaric yawp over the rooftops of the world, tag up this earth with my street name, run around with perfect conviction that my life is the meaning of life, be master of my own fate, embrace my destiny, feel as much as I can feel, think as much as I can think, do as much as I can do, get down, get up, dance to the beat of life on and on and when I’m done let the people go, "Now that was a funky
man."

No comments: