Tuesday, 28 October 2008

The party itself

Having written that post about the wonderful people I work with, perhaps I should also tell you about the party itself.

All of the language department came, Chinese and Western, which was great.

We started the evening at a beer hall type place, which had incredible food and beer. And beer. And some beer. And food. Good good food. Yes, ladies and gents, I am the master of the adjective.

Anyway, this place is fantastic. They do beer in five flavours - grape, pineapple, coffee, bitter melon, and (thank god) standard. I tried them all, and they were not as good as you might think. Except for the standard. Which was.

At the end of the dinner, the western staff gave me what up until then was the best present I've ever received - a braai! If you're reading this from back home, believe me, you don't know how much you miss a braai until you miss a braai. Dammit. I think I may have cried a little bit in the restaurant.

From the beer hall, we wandered to a club, where we danced and drank and did some other stuff I don't really remember. The club is basically a series of short clips in my memory - nothing concrete, and the story doesn't really make sense. It's a bit like watching a Tarentino film.

Finally, ended the evening (for me) at the dorm, where the guys gave me the video featured in the earlier clip. I may have cried a little more when I saw that. I then fell asleep on the couch, as is my wont (evidenced in the party invite), and Rodd put his balls on my head, following which Emma squashed her boobs into my face. Photos are great.

Rodd and Emma then walked me home, which I don't remember at all, but apparently that included me trying to abduct some random Chinese bloke, who couldn't free himself from my vice-like grip and had to get the others to pull me off him, and threatening to do unspeakable things to my housemates door.

Yes, ladies, that's me - classy all the way.

No comments: