Tuesday, 18 December 2007

Re-energising through change

First, thank you to everybody who mailed me/posted on Facebook/sent me messages about my blog.

The key driver behind abandoning it was simply that I lost... something. I found each post becoming more and more long-winded, but saying less and less. It finally came to a head a couple of weeks ago, after a long walk. I had about five topics I wanted to talk about, the first of which was the building industry here.

Unfortunately, that very quickly turned into a (b)ramble from which I, being no Brer Rabbit, could not extract myself.

The problem, I've realised, is that as the posts get longer, I spend ages fiddling over how to move from one topic to the next, while still maintaining some sense of storyline or chronology.

So enough fiddling - I am going to start posting again, on a topic by topic basis.

I know this takes a bit away from the idea of this being an account of my travels, but I think it's the way to do it.

Once again, thank you to those that sent messages - it's nice to know not everybody thinks it's as bland as I often do. Except for this post, which has broken records.

I am quickly going to post a couple of the drafts I've put together, without editing, just so that there's something fresh up there (although they refer to the last couple of weeks).

What, you were expecting an ending? No.

No comments: